New Tacx Vortex Smart Indoor Bicycle Trainer T2180
Brand New, Auth Dealer, Warranty
The Vortex was Tacx’s first interactive Smart trainer. The electric brake makes this trainer highly accessible and ideal for keeping in tip-top condition during the winter, for instance.
True cycling feeling
The electro brake of the Vortex generates a realistic cycling feeling while offering all interactive functionalities. 950W 7% power max. slope
Smart and Fully Connected
This trainer is connected wirelessly to smartphones and tablets and knows the ANT+ FE-C protocol, enabling you to train with Tacx apps as well as third-party apps like Zwift and TrainerRoad. You can also train stand-alone; if you do not connect the trainer, it will simulate a flat road.
Iconic shape optimized for stability
675 x 650mm footprint
Multifunctional front wheel support
The Skyliner is a front wheel support that raises the front wheel for a natural cycling position and increased stability. It also serves as a handle to carry the trainer.
Click 'n ride
The bike is fixed in the trainer easily by two simple clicks.
Unique dual material roller
The roll that places the resistance on your rear wheel is made from two materials: a hardened steel sleeve with a soft core of elastogel. The steel sleeve prevents wear of the trainer, while the elastogel aborbs vibrations to reduce noise.
Tacx Smart trainers use the Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ FE-C protocol for communication which allows them to be controlled by third-party software. The software receives the speed, cadence and power from the trainer and controls the brake. Click on more information for an explanation of the compatibility and functions of each software package.
With the Tacx Utility app you can always benefit from the latest firmware for the Tacx trainer and check the connection with other devices. When an update is available, you receive a notification and you can decide whether you want to update your trainer.
- Type of trainer : Interactive Smart trainer with electric brake
- Magnets : 8 Permanent ferrite magnets & 8 electromagnets
- Transmission : Roller, 30 mm
- Electrical requirements : 110-240 Volt
- Power indicator : None
- Connection indicator (ANT/BT) : None
- Firmware upgradable : Yes
- Suitable bikes : Race, Tri & MTB , if necessary with axle skewer , 29ʺ wheel with Tacx trainer tyre
- Supplied with : Front wheel support , Quick release for road bikes and mountain bikes (5mm)
- Max. power : (40 km/h) : 950 Watt
- Max. slope : 7%
- Simulation of descent : No
- Max. torque : 16.3Nm
- Max. brake force : 48N
- Flywheel : Actual of 1,6kg
- Flywheel effect : 11.8kg
- Calibration : Spin down
- Footprint (lxw) : 675×650mm (26.6×25.6in)
- Height : 410mm (16.1in)
- Dimensions when folded : 565×410×245mm (22.2×16.1×9.65in)
- Weight : 9.08kg (20lbs)
- Article number : T2180
Data Output ans Control:
- Wireless communication : ANT+ FE-C , Bluetooth Smart open
- Control by : Smartphone, tablet, ANT+ FE-C bike computers and stand-alone Connect to computer via ANT+ antenna
- Output : Speed, cadence and power
- Read out on : Smartphone, tablet, bike computer, sports watch, computer with ANT+ antenna
- Accuracy : <10%